(585) 659-8903 FAX
David J. Doyle
Jr. Sr. High School
(585) 659-8988 FAX
(585) 659-8988 FAX
(585) 659-8940 FAX
(585) 659-8904 FAX
Dear Students, Parents, and Community Members,
The holidays provide us with an opportunity to stop and give thanks for all of the blessings in our lives. I am fortunate to work in the high school with great kids and a dedicated staff. There are many events in the high school that are enriched due to the support of the community. I truly believe that the education of our students is improved when we work together.
May this holiday season, a festival of happiness, bring about smiles and laughter in your life and keep you joyous throughout the coming year. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- Homecoming was a huge success! Our advisors put in many hours helping our students create outstanding floats, decorate halls in the building, and provide fun booths for the community to enjoy at our Friday Night Carnival. (I know I enjoyed sitting in the dunking booth J) The parade was held Saturday morning, and we couldn't host this event without the support of the fire department. What would a parade be without a fire truck! The Sports Boosters worked many hours and provided delicious garbage plates during the afternoon on Saturday – and they sold out due to the large crowds. It was a great weekend for our students and community. Please consider joining us next year!
- Our Senior Interviews were a huge success for our students. We had 33 volunteers travel to the high school to interview our seniors. Each student received written and verbal feedback and specific information about an area of interest for a possible career. People from Kendall and the surrounding community donated their time to enrich our students. It was a great day for Kendall!
- Our United States history AP/GCC students participated in the American Legion Oratorical Contest again this year to develop an appreciation for the U.S. Constitution. This competition presented students with an academic speaking challenge that taught important leadership qualities, the history of our nations' laws, the ability to think and speak clearly, and an understanding of the duties, responsibilities, rights and privileges of American citizenship. I would especially like to thank the Veterans who came to school to judge our students. It would be impossible to provide our students with this authentic experience without the support of our community!
- Both of our varsity soccer teams had successful seasons. The boys' soccer team earned an undefeated season with a record of 13-0-3. We were exited to celebrate a sectional win with our Varsity Girls Soccer Team, and for the first time Kendall had a complete girls' cross country team – The Fab Five. The amount of community support we experienced throughout all of the seasons was amazing!
- On November 21st the Kendall Community Chorus entertained the community in the high school auditorium. It was a huge success. Food was collected for the Kendall Food Cupboard and the proceeds from the basket auction went to purchase turkeys for the Thanksgiving baskets. Did you know that the Food Cupboard provided approximately 60 food baskets to needy families?
- December is one of my favorite months of the year. Please consider this letter an official invitation to our Holiday Concerts. The Junior High Concert is scheduled for December 16th and the Senior High Concert will be December 18th. The holiday spirit is sure to be felt at these performances!
If you have any questions please contact me at 659-2706 or email me at email@example.com.
Kendall Junior/Senior High School Principal